Thursday, August 4, 2011

"Trustworthy" companies when dealing with allergies

I just got off the phone with someone from Maple Leaf Canada.  I had called to speak to someone in regards to a couple of products I had in the fridge.  We had picked up a few packages of Country Morning lunch meats (which are made by maple leaf), at our local Co-Op foodstore.  I was very pleased to learn about their labelling policy when it comes to allergens.  Any of the top 9 allergens will be and are indicated on their ingredient lists, including "may contain" and "may contain trace of" statements. 
He also told me that Maple Leaf, Schneiders, and Canada Bread are all owned by the same company, and that the ingredient/allergen info is the same for any products that fall under their names. 

We try to not buy processeed things, but realistically at times, we need to. 
My 5 year old is quite excited that he can have a bologna and cheese (galaxy brand rice vegan cheese) sandwhich for lunch today!

I know it seems a simple thing, but only someone living with allergies, can appreciate when a new, safe food is discovered! 

Off to make some lunch now!

No comments:

Post a Comment