Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How do you manage?

I seem to be asked this question alot.  And my answer?  You just do.  When foods are no longer safe to eat, you have no choice but to figure out how to live without them in your daily routine. 

Food is seen as a necessity, a comfort thing, a social thing........food is everywhere, all the time.  So we have to make it work for our own situations. 

There is always going to be a way to replace the offending foods when it comes to baking and cooking, you just have to figure it out.  The internet is a fantastic resource, the library also has a wealth of information within it's walls.  Ask questions.  Experiment using different ingredients.  Yes, the recipe might be a flop, trust me, this has happened on more than a few occasions in my house.  But, through trial and error, and persistance, it will get sorted out. 

This is why I chose to start this blog.  This is why I take pictures and post up recipes as I try them out and have success with them.  I use it as a resource when I make that recipe again, and hope that others will find it somehow useful in their cooking and baking.

At the end of the day, as long as my family is happy and full, I know I've done what I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment