Monday, January 21, 2013

Mmm mmm Muffins!


It's cold where I live today.  Freezing cold.  The type of cold that makes your eyelashes freeze shut, and takes your breath away.  
Currently, it's -42C with the windchill.  That's cold.

What better way to keep the house warm and wonderful smelling, than to make a batch of Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins! 


(egg, dairy, soy and nut free)



Ingredients

1 cup flour (I used white, but gluten free (remember to use xantham gum) or whole wheat would be wonderful too)
1/2 cup sugar (I did use a bit less than this)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup oatmeal (use gluten free oats if needed)
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg (I use 1/2 tsp baking powder and 2 tbsp water for each egg called for)
1/2 cup oil (I used canola oil)
2/3 cup milk (I used coconut "milk", but any unflavored milk substitute should be fine if you choose to not use cows milk)



I used my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer with the spatula attachement

*Mix all dry ingredients together
*Add in wet ingredients
*Mix wel

(yes, it's that easy)

Fill muffin tins 3/4 full and bake in a 400F oven for 15-20 minutes.

These are very basic, very simple and very yummy!

Yeilds 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment