Sunday, January 20, 2013

As promised, creation #1!




When I was asked to create foods using CheeCha Puffs in the recipe, I thought to myself...no problem.  I am no stranger to the kitchen, so this will be easy!  Well, I was wrong.  It's not easy.  I cannot use any egg, dairy, soy or tree nuts in any of my baking or cooking due to allergies, which already limits what I can make and how I can make it.  Plus, it had to be kid approved.  Which means, the easiest way to come up with my first creation was to think...like a kid!

And this is what I came up with.  It's basic, it's simple, it's VERY easy, and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!




*Dairy, Egg, Soy, Nut & Gluten Free Chicken Fingers*



Ingredients

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (although I'm sure drumsticks, thighs etc would work too)
1 bag Sea Salt & Spiced Black Pepper CheeCha Puffs
2-4 tbsp butter or margarine (we use Earth Balance Soy Free)

Preperation

*In a plastic or cloth bag, crush the entire bag of CheeCha Puffs with a rolling pin until they resemble bread crumbs.  Pour onto a large plate and set aside.
*Thaw chicken and slice breasts into thin strips (or nuggets if you prefer)
*Melt margarine in a bowl

*Dip each strip or nugget into the melted margarine and coat thoroughly.  Take each chicken piece and roll it into the crushed up CheeCha Puffs until they are well covered with the mixture.

On a stone or greased/lined baking sheet, bake the chicken for approximately 30 minutes (or until cooked) in a 400F oven.

It's THAT easy!

I was a little worried that the chicken would either come out with soggy CheeCha Puffs, or that they would be burnt, changing my meal to a "Blackened Chicken using CheeCha Puffs" type dish.  But it was quite the opposite.  The chicken strips were a wonderful golden color, with a nice crispy coating on them.

We had ours with a huge tossed salad, and it was the perfect light dinner.  Pair this up with fries, salad, pasta..........and you'll have an easy and quick dinner sure to please everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment