Saturday, July 23, 2011

Freezer meals

As I am preparing foods, I always set aside what I can to throw in the freezer for those times when the foods we eat can't be eaten by our allergic kids, or if we have to eat away from home.  I bought some Ziplock containers that can be used in both the freezer and the microwave to put portions in.  I also bought some freezer bags. 
Since this past Wednesday, I've put away two single serve size containers of home made beef stew, four single serve containers of spaghetti and meat sauce, five bags of pancakes (made with the coconut milk that was not a hit, yet they loved the pancakes!) containing four pancakes each, six bags of home made pizza containing two decent sized portions in each, and in the bread machine right now, is the dough that I'll make breadsticks from to put away and freeze.  I think we're set for a bit now!

No comments:

Post a Comment