Monday, November 21, 2011

Banana & Coconut muffins (using coconut yogurt)



I had some So Delicious Coconut Milk yogurt in the fridge to use up, so thought I'd whip up a batch of muffins with it.  They are delicious! 

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut (all I had was sweetened, but I'm sure unsweetened would be great too)
2 mashed bananas
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter (we use Earth Balance Vegan Soy Free)
1 large egg (we use 1/2 tsp baking powder plus 2 tbsp water for each egg called for)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup So delicious coconut milk yogurt (all I had was strawberry and it worked well!)

In a large bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients. 
In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. 

Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing just until moist.  Do not overmix the batter. 
Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease well.

Bake at 375F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. 
Makes 10 large, or 12 medium size muffins.

These are definitely delicious and would work with any type of fruit flavored yogurt!  Milk or coconut based!

2 comments:

  1. I love So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt, and your muffin looks amazing! Did you mean to write that you used 1/2 tsp of Egg Replacer? It just says, "1/2 tsp plus 2 tbsp water..."), so I'm just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christie,
    For each egg called for in most recipes I make, I simply add 1/2 tsp of baking powder and 2 tbsp water. I'm aware that there commercial egg replacers available, I just find it easier to make my own.
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete