Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Amy's Mac and Cheese.....The review

Mac and cheese is the one thing I have yet to master when it comes to making it safe for one of my kids.  Sure, I could just throw on some of the cheese that I have for him, we always use Daiya cheese however, I never can get it creamy enough to have it taste like the traditional stuff.  So, when I was out getting groceries the other night, you can only imagine how excited I was to find Amy's Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free-Rice Macaroni in the freezer section at the store!  Not ONLY did I find that, but I also realized they are now carrying Daiya cheese as well! 
I bought two boxes of the Rice Macaroni, came home, put them in the freezer and decided if my child loved it, I'd go back and stock up.



I made this for dinner (along with some salad, and lets just say that he MUCH preferred the mac and cheese to the salad, but I guess that's what kids will do!) and was surprised that there were actually a few cooking options to choose from.  Oven, microwave or toaster oven.  Seeing as I was cooking something else for the rest of the family, we chose to use the oven.  It took a total of 30 minutes from freezer to the table, and I was shocked at how creamy it was!  My boy ate it right out of the little container it was in, and to tell you how much he enjoyed it, he didn't even ask for ketchup on it! 




Thank you Amy's and Daiya for making yet, another quick meal that meets the dietary needs of my family! 

We will definitely be buying this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment